[HPC-NEWS] Leonardo back in production and scheduled operation on login nodes on December 6th

HPC Cineca portal at hpc.cineca.it
Wed Nov 29 19:44:19 CET 2023

Leonardo back in production and scheduled operation on login nodes on December 6th  (https://www.hpc.cineca.it/newsletter/leonardo-back-in-production-and-scheduled-operation-on-login-nodes-on-december-6th/)

Dear Users,

Leonardo's maintenance successfully concluded and the cluster is now back in full production. As anticipated, we changed the job environment to place the job's tmpdir in a private /tmp mount point, with size of 10GB and accessible with the $TMPDIR variable. The area is mounted at the start of the job and unmounted at its completion. This change guarantees the nodes' stability and prevents job's unintended out-of-memory crashes.

We also inform that a network rewiring of the login nodes is scheduled on December 6th. The operation will cause a few seconds of disconnection, and will be announced via message on each login node prior to the operation. No impact on production is expected.

Best regards,

HPC User Support @ CINECA