CLX-BCX switchover

Carlo Cavazzoni c.cavazzoni a cineca.it
Lun 4 Feb 2008 17:14:10 CET

To all CLX users,

as we anticipated at the beginning of the year,
we are going to replace CLX with a new cluster, BCX.
This mail is to inform you about the status of
installation of BCX and how we intend to manage
the migration of the accounts.
We plan to end most of the installation activities by
the end of this week, so that the new machine will be
available for CLX users, starting from monday the 11th
of February. We do not know yet if we are able to
open the machine to all users in one shot, most
probably  we will open the machine to one group at a times.
In any case, all account will be opened on the new machine in few days.
CLX will remain in operation at least until monday the 25th
of February, so that there will be a period where both the machines
will be open at the same time, and user will be able to make login
onto both the machines too.

More information will be given in next days,

The CINECA user support,
superc a cineca.it