BCX-CLX switchover (ENGLISH VERSION)

HPC-News portal a hpc.cineca.it
Mer 12 Mar 2008 18:07:01 CET

To all CLX users

In order to migrate users from CLX to BCX we need to shutdown CLX so that we can connect the servers which manage the $CINECA_HOME and $CINECA_DATA filesystems.
The shutdown will start tomorrow (thursday 13th March ) at 14.00 (2pm) and will be over by 18.00 (6pm) on the same day.

IMPORTANT, please note that:

1) users on BCX (bc.bcx.cineca.it) will have the same login details as they had on CLX and they should be ready by the end of this week ( Friday 15th March).

2) CLX user accounts will be closed, probably by the end of next week (Friday 21st March).

Finally, in order to speed up the data migration process, we ask users to remove all unwanted data from the /scratch area.

best wishes
CINECA support

Sent by: Andrew Emerson