Important: BCX shutdown scheduling update

Carlo Cavazzoni c.cavazzoni a cineca.it
Ven 9 Ott 2009 15:00:43 CEST

Dear BCX users,

we inform you that the last official day of BCX full production
for academic users will be the 31 of October.

A date for the shoutdown of BCX has not been decided yet,
but we cannot guarantee any support or problem fix after the 31 of October,
therefore we encourage you to move to sp.sp6.cineca.it as soon as possible.

Consider also that $CINECA_SCRATCH will not automatically
moved or mounted to other machines, then all data on
$CINECA_SCRATCH will be lost when BCX will be shoutdown.

Write to superc a cineca.it if you need support for migrating application
to sp6 or to move data out of $CINECA_SCRATCH

best regards,
the CINECA HPC support
superc a cineca.it