Updates on SP6 and BG/P status

HPC-news portal a hpc.cineca.it
Mar 12 Apr 2011 15:05:06 CEST

HPC User Support (hpc.cineca.it)

======== UPDATES ON SP6 AND BG/P STATUS ======================================

Dear Users,

the power failure of SP6 and BG/P occurred on Friday evening is due to a
severe damage to the internal electrical network, the cause of which is still
under investigation. A team of external professionals will perform test
measurements this afternoon to isolate the problem.

We are currently evaluating the possibility to redirect power from other
internal infrastructures to partially restore SP6 nodes tomorrow. No action
is planned for BG/P in the short term. Updates will follow as soon as there
will be any progress on the issue.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience,

HPC User Support

CINECA

"HPC-news"