PLX unexpected PROBLEM

HPC-news portal a hpc.cineca.it
Gio 12 Maggio 2011 18:23:51 CEST

HPC User Support (hpc.cineca.it)

======== PLX UNEXPECTED PROBLEM ==============================================

Dear users,

  due to severe problems on the scratch disks we are forced

to shut down the PLX system as soon as possible. All the

data on the filesystems scratch and scratch_new will be recovered

on other filesystems by our staff and restored as soon as

the problem is fixed.

In order to make this task as fast as possible we kindly ask you to:

- delete unnecessary data from scratch and scrtach_new

- move your critical data on other storage (i.e. $CINECA_DATA)

Deadline for the above requests is *tomorrow the 13th of May at 12.00*

local time. *In any case our staff will take care of your data.*

Starting from now the batch system is suspended. We do not

expect to be able to bring the production back before one week

from now

We will keep you updated constantly.

Apologies for this inconvenience,

Regards,