HPC-Europe Virtual Surgery : An Introduction to OpenMP

HPC-news portal a hpc.cineca.it
Ven 7 Ott 2011 14:38:34 CEST

HPC User Support (hpc.cineca.it)

======== HPC-EUROPE VIRTUAL SURGERY : AN INTRODUCTION TO OPENMP ==============

Dear user,

HPC Europe  presents a web seminar  titled "*An Introduction to
OpenMP*".**

This will be held online on *Monday 10th October at 15:00 CEST* using EVO
technology (http://evo.caltech.edu http://evo.caltech.edu/) by Dr Alejandro
Duran of BSC.

The seminar is brought to you thanks to HPC EUROPA 2 project
(http://www.hpc-europa.org/ http://www.hpc-europa.org/), Pan-European
Research Infrastructure on High Performance Computing.

Please see details below.

Best Regards.

Francesco Falciano, PhD

Supercomputing, Applications and Innovation Department CINECA Casalecchio di
Reno (BO) – Italy

------------------------------

ABSTRACT --------

October 10th, 15:00-16:00 CEST An Introduction to OpenmP Dr. Alejandro Duran,
BSC

OpenMP is the de facto standard for parallel programming in shared-memory
architectures. Jointly developed by a consortium of industry and academic
institutions it is supported by all major compilers. It allows to decorate
Fortran, C and C++ programs with extensions that allow the compiler to
generate a version of the program that will run in parallel machines. In this
talk we will explore the development of the language and its key elements and
concepts. We will analyze are the strong points of the language as well as
its weakness. Last we will do a quick peek at the future roadmap of the
language.

SLIDES------

The slides are available in advance from
http://wiki.hpc-europa.eu/twiki/bin/view/HPCEuropa/OpenMP-BSC

Note that you will first have to register at
http://wiki.hpc-europa.eu/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration and wait for
confirmation from the Twiki administrator before you can access this page.

TECHNICAL DETAILS -----------------

The hotline will be organized through EVO - a free desktop videoconferencing
tool adopted by HPC-Europa. For more information about EVO, please look at
the user manual at http://www.hpc-europa.eu/files/Evo-Guide.pdf.

To join the meeting, please use this link:
http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=M9MIMi2D2BD2D29t99DD99

You will need the meeting password: HPC-Europa2

PLEASE NOTE:

The session will be open from 14:30 CEST for connection tests and all
attendees are encouraged to join early in order to resolve any technical
issues before the presentation begins at 15:00.

The meeting can also be accessed though Skype or a phone bridge (please
contact mailto:access a hpc-europa.org for details).

"HPC-news"