New FERMI system and dismission of SP6 and BGP

HPC-news portal a hpc.cineca.it
Mar 20 Mar 2012 15:43:00 CET

HPC User Support (hpc.cineca.it)

======== NEW FERMI SYSTEM AND DISMISSION OF SP6 AND BGP ======================

Dear Users,   we are glad to inform you that the installation of our new
BG/Q system, FERMI, will start shortly and that we are already working on the
implementation of the roadmap.
(/http://www.cineca.it/en/news/fermi-new-cinecas-supercomputer)/
http://www.cineca.it/en/news/fermi-new-cinecas-supercomputer   Please find
here some useful info that we'd like to share with you. - The installation of
the BG/Q implies the *dismission of the current systems*, BGP and SP6; - A
stop of the production is foreseen for about 7 weeks. - The 7 weeks stop will
occurr in the period* May-July*: we haven't got precise date yet, we'll keep
you informed. - We'll do our best to ensure the *access to the data* during
the stop but this is not given.  - We are studying a procedure for a "soft"
migration of the data, more details will follow in April. - The *projects
currently running* on BGP and SP6 not completed at the date of the machines
dismission will be re-activated asap on BG/Q with a hour conversion rate of 1
to 5 (for each hour left on the SP6 the project will get 5 hours on BG/Q).
More details will follow as soon as possible.   Thanks for your
collaboration Best regards
In order to remove your subscription, goto http://hpc.cineca.it and choose
"HPC-news"