FERMI: limits on submitted jobs for user

Silvia Giuliani silvia.giuliani a CINECA.IT
Lun 2 Dic 2013 11:12:12 CET

Dear users,

in order to ensure the fairest use of the resources to all users, we have
changed the scheduler configuration on Fermi by limiting the number of jobs
for user in the queueing state (Idle = I, Pending = P, Running = R).

All the other submitted jobs will still be accepted as "not-queued" (NQ) and
their priority will be assigned only when they pass from the NQ to the
queueing state. i.e. when some of the queued jobs are completed or canceled
from the queue. This is also valid for multi-step jobs.

The maximum number of jobs for a single user varies from queue to queues.
These are the values set:

debug = 3, longdebug = 4, smallpar = 4, parallel = 2

Please note that the bigpar queue is for the moment not affected by the
change. We want to remark that this is part of an overall change of the
scheduling policies, as the recent introduction of the smallpar queue, which
is still ongoing and will be definitive after a testing period. After that,
the FERMI user guide will be updated accordingly.

Kind regards,

HPC User Support