SP6 status and queuing system

Carlo Cavazzoni c.cavazzoni a cineca.it
Gio 5 Nov 2009 10:28:22 CET

Dear SP6 Users,

at the moment there are some problems related to the filesystem
$CINECA_SCRATCH
and the login node. We are now working to fix them as soon as possible.

Furthermore, as many of you have noticed, the queuing system is quite
overloaded,
for this reason we will switch on the FAIR SHARING feature of LoadLeveler,
that should give everybody the same opportunity to use the machine.
Nevertheless, until the budgets are not defined,  we ask everybody to make a
fair use
of the machine, and we could take the decision to stop those users that are
abusing
of the fact that the machine is open to everybody,

Please note that the machine is still in pre-production mode and
many tests are still going on. We are planning to go in full production
in two-three week time frame,

best regards,
the CINECA HPC support
superc a cineca.it